Anaheim Packing District offers food experiences like no other in Orange County. Here, you can find Grill Cheese sandwiches, Comfort Foods, Vietnamese Summer Rolls and Mexican street tacos. It reminded us of vintage Los Angeles because of the boutique style eateries. Walking through the Anaheim Packing District, we could see large seating areas filled with people eating and socializing. Locals come to find bites that remind them of home cooking. Others visit to try fancy drinks and gelato. The Snow Monster offers teas and lemonades with cotton candy. Pop Bar offers gelato on a stick which reminds me of Mexican Paletas covered in chocolate and other toppings. These two places are very popular with the young at heart.
Located: 440 South Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92805.We suggest that you walk around and take a peek before choosing a place to eat. Try several places, we suggest that you order family style and share. We did on our visit and it proved to be a very good experience. There were no leftovers and the entire family had a unique foodie adventure.
The OC Register says:"The Anaheim Packing District is an open, airy culinary marketplace with soaring ceilings and suspended air plants. The renovated citrus processing plant is 42,000-square-feet. The building was restored using $9 million in redevelopment funds."
Restaurants at the Packing House and their website to help plan your visit.
- Adya - http://adyaoc.com/#about-intro
- Blacksheep - https://www.facebook.com/blacksheepgrilledcheesebar/
- Blind Rabbit - http://theblindrabbit.com/
- BXCR - http://www.bxcrwinebar.com/
- Cafecito Organico - https://cafecitoorganico.cratejoy.com/
- The Chippy - http://www.thechippyfishnchips.com/
- Crêpe Coop - http://www.crepecoop.com/
- Ecco Pizza - http://www.eccopizza.com/
- Georgia Southern Comfort Food - http://georgias-restaurant.com/
- Hammer Bar - https://www.facebook.com/hammerworkshopandbar/
- Han's Homemade - http://www.hanshomemade.com/locations/
- Iron Press - http://www.theironpress.com/#our-story-1
- Kettle Bar - http://www.kettlebar.com/
- The Kroft - http://www.thekroft.com/
- Lemon Drop - https://www.facebook.com/lemondropjuice/
- Orange Tei - https://www.facebook.com/orangetei/
- Pandor Bakery - http://pandorbakery.com/
- Pop Bar - http://www.pop-bar.com/
- Sawleaf - http://www.sawleaf.com/
- Snow Monster - http://snowmonsteroc.com/
- Urbana - http://www.urbanaanaheim.com/
- Little Vitaly - http://www.vitaly.net/home
- Anaheim Brewery - http://www.anaheimbrew.com/
- Umami Burger - https://www.umamiburger.com/
History: In 1915, there were over 20,000 acres of orange groves in Orange County. By 1936, Orange County supplied approximately one-six of the nation's Oranges - Valencia crop. Orange County once hosted over five million citrus trees that included Lemons, grapefruit, and limes. When you visit Anaheim Packing District look for the railroad tracks that carried citrus gold. Have fun on your travels!!!