Knotts Berry Farm - Top 10 Reasons to Visit the Newly Expanded Rides and Attractions at the Boardwalk
Knott's Berry Farm announces it's newly expanded Boardwalk themed area with more rides and attractions. Opening Memorial Weekend May 25th, 2013, Knott's continues to provide family fun entertainment by expanding the Boardwalk. This expansion allows for an even broader catalog of rides to it's already dynamic park. I recently visited the amusement park to see firsthand all of the new changes scheduled to open this summer and can provide you with the top ten reasons why you need to visit Knott's.
Disclaimer: Sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are all my own.
1. Coast Rider - The 52 foot ascent to the top of Coast Rider will have everyone clinging to the handrails for the ultimate family coaster experience. The adventure aboard the ride gives guests the feeling of riding the California coast, but once they reach the crest, it is a harrowing journey down the 1,339 feet of track filled with hairpin turns, twists and spins. New to the Boardwalk and opening soon this summer.
2. Surfside Glider - Taking the ride into their own hands, guests will pilot their own Surfside Glider. From a height of 28 feet, these two-man aircraft zip through the air providing a bird’s eye view of the Boardwalk area as they glide over Boardwalk Bay. Surfside Glider will also open this summer.
3. Pacific Scrambler-Everyone will be caught in the spin of the Pacific Scrambler, a family favorite and traditional Boardwalk attraction.
4. Newly Remodeled Timber Mountain Log Ride - Construction continues as this revitalization project will include restoring classic scenes, upgrading ride figures and sets as well as adding new scenes and characters to enhance the ride experience while still maintaining the original theme and storyline of the attraction. See more about this exciting remodel in the video below. The Log Ride is scheduled to reopen Summer 2013. As for the Field Trip Mom family, we can't wait to be first on the restored Timber Mountain Log Ride.
5. Charles Schulz Theatre - “Snoopy…..Unleashed!” - Snoopy is off the chain and ready for action – going where he wants to go, doing what he wants to do in a way that only Snoopy can. This spectacular ice skating production includes the Peanuts characters, professional ice skaters, elaborate sets and music that will have you singing along.
6. New this summer is “Boom Town” - Where the Wild West, at the peak of the Gold Rush, becomes a Cirque performance that really strikes it rich. A cast of nine amazing acrobats brings to life what it was like to live in the small town of Calico in the 1860s. You’ll be inspired to pick up your picks and pans and hop in an ore cart and come along for the ride!
7. “Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular” - Returns for its fourth season and is bigger and brighter than ever. When darkness falls over Knott’s Berry Farm, Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular brings Camp Snoopy to life with a continuous light show filled with PEANUTS’ figures, themed music, sound effects, and colorful projections.
8. “Hooray for Hollywood” - Tells the story of the PEANUTS® Gang as they try to make it big in Tinseltown. Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, and their friend JT pay homage to the golden days of Hollywood in a show that’s sure to delight kids of all ages.
9. Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant - a Field Trip Mom family favorite, this classic icon serves famous fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls and the mouth-watering Boysenberry Pie! The restaurant offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, including a weekend brunch and holiday take home meals to save time in the kitchen. Too tired to cook, the restaurant offers TO GO counter that allows you to take this succulent meal home for the family after a busy day at school and the office.
10. Season Passes -To take advantage of all the new offerings and experience all of Knott’s Farm Fresh Fun, the park is selling 2013 Season Passes for only $72.00 or 6 easy payments of $12.00 for a limited time. As a Season Pass holder guests receive:
Unlimited visits to Knott's Berry Farm - Make great family memories over and over again in 2013.
Exclusive Ride Time - Season pass holders get early access to some of your favorite rides during the summer - Labor Day Weekend.
Food & Merchandise Discounts - Food and merchandise available at select locations.
Halloween Haunt Discount Tickets - Save big on tickets and get all the bloodcurdling horror and mind-bending terror inside the gates of Knott's Scary Farm in 2013.
Additional season ticket packages are available for slightly higher prices which allow you access to other Cedar Fair Parks across the nation, parking, and admission to Knott's Soak City. More information on these season tickets can be found at https://www.knotts.com/season-passes. Imagine for simply the price of two visits, you have paid for your entire season pass allowing you to enjoy all of the shows, attractions and rides all year long.
I want to send a big thank you to everyone at Knott's. Media day was fun and full of information. Thank you again!
****The press release was used to write this post as well as I personally visited the park. The information you read here is up to date as of April 24, 2013. I hope that this information helps you plan your summer. To ensure that all rides and shows are operating, I recommend to always check with Knott's and their website. https://www.knotts.com/
You can see more photos on Field Trip Mom Facebook and Pinterest.