Tigers, bears and snow cones, oh my goodness. October in Southern California is usually hot and snow cones are very much needed when visiting Boo at the Los Angeles Zoo spooktacular. The 133-acre Zoo is filled with wild animals and plants. During October, expect to find the corn stalk maze, pumpkin carving demonstrations, spooky caves, Mad Science fire and Ice show and so much more. We visited the LA Zoo this past weekend to get the scoop on the activities.
The park has many wonderful creatures. We got a chance to see the giraffes gracefully walking around posing for pictures. It felt as though they knew where to stand and when to turn their heads. They are like the super models of the zoo, extremely well dressed and amazingly tall. The hippos were a different story. It looked like the hippo family was just relaxing by cuddling together. They did not move or look our way, sleeping lazily in their pond. Both wild animals were fun to visit and photograph.
Pink flamingos, black bears and giant insects were all part of our experience when we visited the Los Angeles Zoo. Our entire family enjoyed mapping out which zoo resident to discover next. The journey was filled with jungle noises and birds singing. As we looked for the tiger exhibit something interesting occurred. The monkeys could be heard talking to one another. We all laughed and giggled when we heard them because it was so surreal. Their voices could be heard near the tiger exhibit. The kids were fascinated with the monkey chatter so we sat down to listen them carefully while enjoying a snow cone. All of us were happy to sit for a minute and rest our feet.
After visiting with the zoo residents we stopped by the weekend Boo adventures. Pumpkin Carving by Gene from Masterpiece Pumpkins was engaging. The Corn Maze was a great photo opportunity for fun pictures with the family. Finally, we enjoyed the "Mad Science fire and ice show". Spending the day with the family at the zoo was memorable. This fall make time to visit the LA Zoo with family and friends.List of Weekend Boo Adventures offered at the Los Angeles Zoo. These activities are included with the price of admission. Address: 5333 Zoo Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027
- Spooky Crafts – Create bat and spider web masterpieces from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Musical Monster Mash-Up – Laugh and sing along with Swazzle’s sweet-and-spooky Halloween puppet show at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Fire & Ice Science Show – Enter a mad scientists lab and witness jaw-dropping demonstrations at 2:30 p.m.
- Halloween Dance Party with the GEC Street Team – Dance and play fun family games (with prizes!) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Masterpiece Pumpkins – Marvel at expert carving demonstrations from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Strolling Characters – Meet and take pictures with spooky and fanciful characters from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fearsome Feedings & Creature Treats – Watch as our animal residents enjoy seasonal treats all their own. See schedule below. Warning: Includes carcass feedings. Parental discretion is advised.
*** Dinosaurs Unextinct at the LA Zoo is offered for an additional $5.00. Prepare to get sprayed by one of the dinosaurs as you walk through the exhibit. It is being offered for a limited time.
General Admission Prices
Rates and fees are subject to change at any time.
Adults (age 13 and up): $20
Seniors (age 62 and up): $17
Children (ages 2 to 12): $15
Children (under 2): FREE
Disclaimer: Media event. All thoughts and opinions are all my own.